Or: Things are getting tight to the launch deadline and I am braindead.
Water Witch Wednesday
by Thea Atkinson
I’m about half finished the first draft of Book Two in the Elemental Magic Series and I’m still sorely lacking a title. All that pops into my head is: A Witch’s Quest for Blood and Fire.
Alas, methinks it’s far too long. But I do love the words…just not the way they’re arranged. So I’ve decided to create a survey and let YOU decide the title. If you’ve read Water Witch, you know the premise, if not the storyline. Let me educate you just a hair about book two.
1. Alaysha meets others who come to have an impact on her in some way
- There’s Taetha: Alaysha’s aunt and blood witch. What? You say. She’s dead? Yes. Yes, she is.
- There’s Saxa: Yuri’s lovely wife
- There’s Gael: Saxa’s fearless brother who is as handsome as he is stoic.
- There’s Laird: the shaman who prefers to call himself The Laird and speaks as though Alaysha isn’t around.
- There’s Aislyn: Yenic’s mother and the Fire Witch.
- There’s Bael: Alaysha calls him the Carrion. You’ll want to know why.
2. Alaysha remembers events in her life that she chose to bury, and that puts her in some interesting situations as she works to control her power. The question is: Is that training being circumvented by her father or some other force she doesn’t yet understand?
3. Has Edulph found a way to infiltrate Sarum?
4. Can Yenic be trusted?
Select the title you like best and help me decide. Just before launch, I’ll gift a copy of book two to 3 pre-launch winners even if I don’t go with any of the list below. (You never know, some thing just might click for me later or the results of the poll might show no one likes any of the titles I’ve put into the survey.)
And stick around to hear more about Alaysha’s journey over the coming weeks.
If you liked this post, please do share.
And remember to enter for a chance to win a lined notebook!
- Get your July swag (theaatkinson.wordpress.com)